Friday, October 17, 2008

Mexican?

I have made some friends from the skatepark. I've even got a couple of phone numbers. The cool thing however, my friends are LATINO! Or at least, I'm pretty sure they are. Is it racist to be excited that I have friends that are a different race than me? The Latino population in Seattle is non-existent, so excuse me if I'm excited. They are cool dudes.

Here is an interesting nugget. They told me that they are allowed to take Spanish as their second language. I asked my high school friend Gabe, who's first language is Spanish, what grade he got in his Spanish class. He said, "Dude, it's my first language, I got a 98%". And I struggled through Japanese when I was in high school-like a SUCKER. Psshhhh, lucky kids.

Is the appropriate term for people of Mexican descent-Latino? Is it appropriate to ask this question?

Psshhh, whatever, like you fools have any Latino friends. I can see your jealousy from here.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

I believe Latino is more PC than Hispanic. That's all I know.

liv said...

are they cool latinos are they like the ones that have a shaved head but still have bangs? (i just out did you in terms of racism so you don't have to worry anymore)

Brett said...

They are cool, with names like: Lorenzo.

And like you care...racist.

mackenzie said...

this is kind of my life : http://chti-riders.forumpro.fr/spots-dans-le-59-62-f1/nouveau-skatepark-a-dunkerque-t825.htm


fyi..