Saturday, October 11, 2008

Kennedy Stumping


Yesterday, Molly and I briefly attended a stump speech by Robert Kennedy Jr. He was in Santa Fe, stumping for Obama. I was immediately struck by how much he resembled his dad. He seemed like a cool cat, and the event was jammed with people. I believe New Mexico Congressman Ben Lujan Jr. was also at the event, but I couldn't verify.

Blown away by seeing a real-life Kennedy, I did a little research on Bobby Jr. I found that after a distinguished academic career, Bobby Jr. was caught with heroin in a South Dakota airport in 1983. He is also an activist, and had further legal trouble when he broke into a naval base while protesting. He is a preeminent conservationist and a radio host on Air America, even though he possesses spasmodic dysphonia, which inhibits his speaking. Got to love those Kennedys.

2 comments:

liv said...

i thought you said "i was struck by how much he resembled MY dad." i was going to have to tell you that you were mistaken.

betsyboo said...

http://gawker.com/5059589/the-gawker-guide-to-a-journalism-career