Friday, October 10, 2008

Card Carrying Member





The story I broke about illegal teen smoking got picked up by the New Mexican. I'm officially a member of the Associated Press. I mean, I work for a station that is a member.... It's cool to see a story I thought of get picked up by the newspaper.

Molly B. is in town. She's pretty cool.

Zach Hagen left me today, he doesn't know if he is coming back. Does this mean the end of the road trip? For Zach, maybe, but not for me. I can only live in the small town of Santa Fe for so long, before I go crazy and miss a metropolitan area. I need to stay so I can continue getting experience in reporting, but I can't stay for too long. Zach isn't sure what he is going to do with himself. Seattle, Santa Fe, San Francisco; he doesn't know. Zach Hagen is a good man. It will be hard to imagine my life without him, even if it's just for a little while. However, yesterday he tried to get me to rub aloe on his back; we were getting too close. As cliche as it is, I got to tell Zach something:

Follow your heart-then your head- and don't forget what Mr. Johnson has to say. I'm missing you already.

But, like I said, the road trip will continue. My buddy Tripp is talking about joining me for some. I'm thinking about Santa Fe to Atlanta with Tripp. A story like that writes itself.

1 comment:

Louis G Frenchy said...

where is that thing, behind Zach and you, is that the Grand Canyon or something, It looks really big and gorgeous, I want to go there next time i'm in the US!