Monday, September 8, 2008

The Start



I picked up my partner in crime, Zach, and we were on our way. We immediately launched into a political discussion. Zach is a bleeding heart liberal. College educated all the way. He is a smart, charming, dude who stands by his beliefs. But, sometimes I think he is just spouting off the rhetoric he learned through school.

We stopped at a street fair in Eugene, Oregon. It was a big, hippie scene. It reeked of BO, incense and Casey's room. I always feel out of place at those kind of fairs, like I'm to square. The fair was all about being green. The fair hires a worker to pick through the trash, sorting out all of the biodegradable objects and putting them in the compost. I doubt we will see that green awareness when we are in the south.

The north entrance of Crater Lake is closed, so we camped about 20 miles east of the Lake.

1 comment:

MOLLY said...

maybe if you run out of money you could ask people to pay you to go through their garbage and make them a compost pile of their own!

miss you