Tuesday, September 9, 2008

California Coast





We left some real kooks behind in Oregon and turned for the California coast.

The drive through the Redwoods is fantastic. I spent the whole time imagining what it was like for the Native Americans, trying to tame that wild land. Another thought- before there were showers did people just constantly stink? Did they get used to the smelling all the time?

We landed in Arcata California and I managed to ditch Zach and skate for a bit. The skatepark had a shroom head kind of vibe, so I left. I met Zach at a local coffee shop that was having an Open Mic night. We spent the night drinking beer and listening to talented local singers.

We slept in the car- pretty roughouse because I had gas.

4 comments:

Louis G Frenchy said...

Ho my god i still have nightmares because of all the farts you bombed in the tent!

good luck Zach!

MOLLY said...

when don't you have gas

Louis G Frenchy said...

Right now.

liv said...

yeah, your gas in the car is not a pleasant thing to experience. you're not quite at john henry smell level, but you're no peach.