Saturday, September 13, 2008

San Francisco Officially Minted






T.C.B Baby. I woke up early and took the bus downtown. I talked to some people at the San Francisco Chronicle, trying to get hints on how to work in print journalism. It was rather unproductive, because I'm not ready to quit this roadtrip, and since I wasn't specifically looking for a job there, wasn't much they could say. However, I got a lot of phone numbers-useful if I ever decide to move to S.F.

With that finished, I walked to the old San Francisco Mint building. I had a rare coin that was minted there, and I wanted to see the place. The Mint was in shambles, I was disappointed the city let the building go.

After the Mint I toured the Freida Kahlo exhibit at the Museum of Modern Art. One could say I'm a casual admirer of Surrealist art- it's a sick favorite genre. The exhibit is the most extensive Surrealist collection I have ever seen, with Kahlo just the tip of the iceberg. There is Man Ray, Duchamp, Breton and all those funky dudes. At the exhibit, there is a picture of Leon Trotsky, Diego Rivera, and Andre Breton that I dug hard. I kept thinking about those three minds getting together in Mexico, having sangria and cooking up ideas. Pretty cool dudes.

After I met Zach at the Beanbag Cafe. We got some drinks made a rendez-vous with our friends Sheila and Emily. All our San Francisco buddies went to a folk show, so Zach and I decided to get jiggy with it. The show and after party were chill doggy.

I'm going to miss all my San Francisco friends.


P.S.-Zach might have a thing for a little birdy down here, so it will be interesting to see how that goes.

2 comments:

Louis G Frenchy said...

The trip is looking goog buddy....sorry for that other drunk phone call.

Breton is SICK!

Stephanie said...

I like Man Ray a lot. Sounds cool cool.