Sunday, December 14, 2008

Friends!





I have made great friends in my short time here in New Mexico.

Above are pictures of Kalie and Joe. Good buddies of mine.

Joe goes to St. John's University, skates hard, and parties harder. Every weekend with him is a good experience. He still lives in the dorms. When I stay over, I always end up crashing in an empty dorm room. Last night I didn't have a sleeping bag, and the window above the box spring I slept on remained open all night. When I woke up, there was a layer of snow on me. It snowed throughout the night. Everything in moderation.

Kalie is one of the few girls I've met who can actually skateboard. It's weird because she is more enthused about skating then I am. We will be walking down stairs and she will get all excited, claiming, "ohhh man, I got this. I could ollie this." When we skate together she yells at me when I want to stop for the day.

My friend Pete Gardini's wife gave birth to a baby girl last week. He is one of the only friends I have who is married, and is now the first close friend of mine to father a child. A 6 pound 12 ounce baby girl named Olive Gardini. The birth process took over 24 hours and when I last talked to him he sounded a little beat, but very excited. We already talked about how he is going to intimidate all of her future boyfriends.

On a different note, is anyone bummed about how many times a day they check their Facebook? I check it at least 3 times a day. I remember when I first signed up for Facebook. I told myself I would promptly delete it when I finished college. Psssshhhh- forget about that, Brett. Sometimes I find myself wandering aimlessly on Facebook, looking at pictures of people I don't even know. It depresses me. I thought about deleting it, but then got scared. "How will I keep in contact with all my friends?" I'm like an addict, suckling on the the Facebook teet.

Papa Pete



7 comments:

eric nusbaum said...

your friend pete better be intimidating. because there are certain to be many cruel jokes about unlimited salad and breadsticks in poor olive gardini's future.

Stephanie said...

OLIVE GARDINI?? What were they thinking?!? It can't be too late to change that. Daisy Gardini....Vegetable Gardini?

MOLLY said...

hahaha teet

Brett said...

I think it is a hyphenated last name. Like Gardini-something. I hope at least.

I kinda like it. It's like that pro skater named Justin Case.

liv said...

hahahahahahah stephs comment.

Louis G Frenchy said...

don't delete your facebook you dummie

Suzy Gardini said...

Oh my gosh guys..that's harsh! Olive's a great name!!! It's Olive Violet :)
-Olive's mommy