Monday, November 10, 2008

Maximizing your Crappiness


Sorry about the lack of posts lately. I was heavily occupied in Chicago, detailing and cleaning my grandparent's estate. Chicago was busy. Not much time to rest. I'm resting now at a house in Santa Fe. I'm taking care of two puppies while the owners of the home are out of town. The puppies are nice, but I don't think they really understand why I'm in their home. I think they just view me as a giant treat factory because every time they get antsy I give them a treat. They are quickly learning to work me.

I rode in a plane this morning. I mostly like airport. The feeling that hangs in the air of the airport; the excitement of traveling I guess.

I hate one aspect of airports. Not an aspect I guess, more one set of people that frequent airports.

I hate the people that think the plane ride they are about to embark on is going to be so treacherous, so comfortless, that they need to dress in order to maximize their comfort. They wear their disgusting, smelly, 10 year old sweatpants. They wear their over sized college sweatshirts that are more like a filthy sleeping bag then a sweatshirt. They have the neck pillows. They have the snacks. They have the beat-to-hell Uggs. I hate them. O.K.- I know your hour and a half flight from Baltimore to New York is going to be a grueling tour-de-force of pain, in which you needed to outfit yourself from head to toe in plane fighting fatigues; but come on. This is a society. You can't just role out of bed and come to the airport. These crumbums are roaming the airport think that because they are about to take a plane certain rules in society cease to exist. What happened to flying being a luxury? You're about to take a trip-dress respectably. I think you are hideous anyway, at least dull my pain by pulling your self together.

Under no circumstances should someone dress like I have described. I don't care if you are about to take a 19 hour flight. Are jeans really that uncomfortable? Just deal with it.

4 comments:

MOLLY said...

people used to get dressed up real nice to fly in a plane, then they took away snacks and people lost enthusiasm.

MOLLY said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stephanie said...

I could almost look past people doing this at the airport...the real problem is that people do it all over the place! Like all over campus and walking around the city. Those aren't even places one should really care to maximize comfort. Those are places where you should give a damn.

Louis G Frenchy said...

I hate airports and planes