Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Jack is Crazy


I have this buddy Jack from the skatepark. He is clinically insane. But, insane in the normal kind of way. He is a perfectly acceptable member of society, yet utterly whacko. You can tell only when you are in a deep discussion with him. That's when I look into his eyes and realize the craziness. We will be having a normal conversation about.....oh.....skating. I will mention some off handed remark and he will just loose it.

Like today. We were chilling on top of the quarterpipe talking about skinny legs. Some people have skinny legs. Some have fat legs. A Regular conversation all around. Then I said,

"Yeah, I guess it's just D.N.A you know, you get what your parents got."

He lost it. I immediatly knew. His eyes straightened and focused, but not on anything in particular. He was gathering steam for what he was about to say.

"D.N.A. is a bitch man." "It is unfair". He was serious. No joking.

He went on this rant about D.N.A. How it is screwed that people don't even ask for it, they just get it. He has deep hate for D.N.A. He detests D.N.A like I hate those crumbums at the airport. Serious, horrible hate. I would better describe his hate if I could, but I was focusing on how to get away from his ranting.

When he gets into these rants, I don't know what to do. Usually, I try to keep my voice serious, and nod intently. I try to get away by skating off orcutting the conversation short and then skating away.

"Yeah man, D.N.A is kinda crazy". That's how I ended it. Smooth Brett.

1 comment: