Saturday, April 11, 2009

Land of the Zach



Good buddy and former road-tripper Zach Hagen came into town with his family, yesterday. His parents took me out to some BBQ and afterwords we got a drink. Unfortunately, I didn't get much time to catch up with Zach, he was always at the, "other end of the table". Both literally and figuratively. He claims he will be coming back to the giant apple in the summer, but the truth will be in the pudding.

In other news about friends named Zach, remember that post I made months back featuring me finding my friend's picture on a girls bathroom door with the word "hot" pointing to his face? Well, this Zach is making a movie. I read the synopsis online, and the story is intriguing. Having seen some of Zach's previous movies, I expect this film will not let us down. If this film turns out anything like his short film, Shredin', than we are in for a laugh riot. My only potential issue is the plot of the movie seems a tad overdone. I have had my fill of comedic movies centered around lost teenagers trying to make their way through love, life, lust, and youthful angst (i.e. Adventureland, Superbad). Yet, perhaps I am grouping Zach into too simple of a sphere. I think there is a darker, mysterious side to Zach that will shine in this movie, separating it from the norm. And who am I to critique things for being overly "done"? Isn't this blog a little too "done". In more ways than one, I guess....

You should check out his website at http://blog.lotlmovie.com/.



The girls from Au Revoir Simone responded to my post from the other day:

Aw, thanks for the sweetness, it was a pleasure working with you! And don't
worry, we hope to be played on MTV one day too, that would be nice, and
would certainly be "BIG". :)

This confirms that girls are nicer than boys. If I told some dude rocker, "I can't wait to see you on MTV", he would have laughed in my face. One of those real demeaning laughs too; the kind that puts you in your place. Like he knows he is cooler than me. A guy would never write a fancy email with nice emoticons. If email could smell, you know this one would smell like lilacs or cake or something. Girls are sweet, aren't they?

Speaking of which, is it weird I'm looking forward to coloring eggs with Molly tomorrow? Weird, or just sissy?


2 comments:

The Hypnotist Collector said...

tulips don't smell

Brett said...

I meant lilacs. Lilacs smell wonderful.