Monday, March 9, 2009

Lyss Rocks


This next Artie quote from The Larry Sanders Show is dedicated to my Uncle, Dave.

"It's Scotch whiskey. Glenlivet-single malt. When you die, you go to heaven, you will say hello to God. And when God says hello to you, this is what you will smell on his breath".


You know what's insane? The internet. More specifically: YouTube. I've been tossing around the phrase, 'YouTube sensation' a lot recently. The idea of uploading some half-rate video on to YouTube and then getting 500,000 views is hilarious.

But, used and abused as this statement sounds, people's dreams actually come true because of YouTube. Today, I clicked on a video that was recommended to me by YouTube. The video was of a teenage girl singing a song. She has a good voice and a nice channel on YouTube, where she sings famous songs. Turns out this girl went to Grammys because of YouTube. She won a contest on YouTube. Her cover of "I Kissed a Girl" had over 3 million views. This blew me away. It essentially means that this girl's song went triple platinum. Not in terms of sales, but in terms of exposure. 3 million views all because this girl uploaded some webcam video of her singing. Mind blowing.

I was so amazed by her talent that I prepared a well-constructed and thoughtful comment for the comments page. My comment read, "girllzzzz has a bangin voice and id banger her for realllzzz lol".

YouTube sucks.

But seriously, I got sucked into watching her sing about 5 songs. Unfortunately, it's becoming a guilty pleasure. I'm hooked. You go, Lyss!!

Who spells their name like that, anyway? Again, YouTube sucks.




I'm starting to theorize that the background to her videos is a green-screen. I've got too much time on my hands.


1 comment:

Molly said...

hahahahaha, louis g