Thursday, January 22, 2009


And so I'm here. The Big Apple.

It's about time, I think. I've been claiming I would come to NYC for months now.

The city is rather intimidating. Wait, I should change that- the JOB SEARCH is rather intimidating. I've sent out about a dozen resumes and replied to countless jobs. No responses. Every Media/Journalistic job you can think of that is open- I've applied to it. From being a production assistant on Anderson Cooper 360 to an administrative assistant for the American Heart Association.

I always knew the job search would take a while. Yet I am impatient. The problem is- without a job I can't get an apartment and without an apartment I'm staying at Molly's place. I dig staying here, but it's not my place. How long before the old 'boyfriend in the apartment' wears on all the rightful tenants? 1 week, 1 month, 1 year? I don't want to stick around long enough to find out. I've already discussed with my buddy Jake and he has agreed to let me sleep in his bed with him. Not on the couch because his roommates wouldn't like that; but in his bed. That is my back up plan, sleep with Jake in his bed.

This means I am either in Jake's bed or Molly's bed. I like them both, Molly in a more "I want to sleep in her bed" kind of way, but I need to find my own bed. Or at least a spot on the floor in some building where I pay the rent.

No comments: