Thursday, August 21, 2008

First Post?



I rarely read something that makes me laugh out loud. But today I found this, a review from The Stranger for the movie The Rocker.
As the lights dimmed before The rocker, a kid behind me- trying to scare his sister- moaned, "the Reapah's heeah! THE REEEAPAAAH!" Good one, kid behind me. That joke was both funnier and more metal than the movie that was to come.

I love hearing inside jokes. I also love clever jokes made during movies. My brother-who is the funniest person I know- is a fan of these these things as well. He once told me of an incident that occurred during a screening of Die Hard 3. No one sees Die-Hard 3 expecting to witness an Oscar worthy film, but goes for a base level of entertainment. Its comparable to watching a film like Evil Dead.

Well, some meat-head jerk in the front row of the audience kept yelling obscenities throughout the film. "This movie blows ass," and "Fuck you Bruce Willis." A real clever bad-ass. Finally, after interrupting two-thirds of the movie, the meat head stood up and proclaimed, "Fuck this, I'm out!" As the movie-interrupter was exiting the theater, someone else in the audience sarcastically yelled, "BADASS!" The whole theater erupted in laughs. The bad-ass got his. Good humor- fun times.

My brother is funny, have him tell you the story.



No comments: